For Immediate Release | Media Advisory
March 6, 2017
Mayor Crombie to Host First Ever IWD Young Women’s Empowerment Breakfast
Mayor Bonnie Crombie will host her fist ever IWD Young Women’s Empowerment Breakfast with special guest Her Honour, Elizabeth Dowdeswell, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario.
Two female students from each Mississauga secondary school have been invited to take part. As part of the discussions, each student in attendance will be asked to answer one question: What bold actions can young women take to shape Canada’s next 150 years?
- Date: Wednesday, March 8th, 2017
- Event Start Time: 7:00AM
- Event End Time: 9:00AM
- Location: Mississauga City Hall (Civic Centre), 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga L5B 3C1
- Room: C-Banquets, located on the twelfth floor of City Hall
- Map: http://tinyurl.com/gm7e8pj
- Parking: Street-level parking and underground parking available
- Breakfast will be provided for media
Photo Opportunity #1:
- 7:05AM Ceremonial Photo with Mayor Crombie, Council and Leadership Team
- C-Banquets; 12th Floor of City Hall
Photo Opportunity #2:
- 8:52AM Photo with Mayor, Teachers, Parents and Lieutenant Governor
One-on-one media interviews will be coordinated onsite.
- “In March, we celebrate International Women’s Day 2017 and this year’s theme is Be Bold for Change,” Mayor Bonnie Crombie said. “As we prepare to mark the 150th anniversary of Confederation, Canadians need bold leadership to shape our country’s promising future. Mississauga’s remarkable young women are up to the job,” Mayor Crombie added.
Please confirm your attendance to Michael Genova, Senior Communications Advisor, Mayor’s Office: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: 905-896-5069 | M: 416-230-3895