For Immediate Release | Media Advisory
March 8, 2017
Mayor Crombie to Participate in Microsoft International Women’s Day Event
The event is a Diversity and Inclusion initiative led by Women@Microsoft Canada to celebrate International Women’s Day. The International Women’s Day Theme is #BeBoldForChange and Microsoft’s corporate focus for this entire year is #MakeWhatsNext. In keeping with these themes, the panel will discuss their perspectives around the times when they have been bold for change and how they have transformed themselves and their workplace/communities.
The panel participants, in addition to Mayor Crombie, are:
- Janet Kennedy: President, Microsoft Canada
- Suzanne Gagliese: VP & GM, Microsoft Canada Services
- Charlotte Burke: VP & GM, Microsoft SMSP
- Jennifer Stott: SVP, RBC Investor & Treasury Services
- Kalsang Tanzin : Global President, Women @ LinkedIn
- Holly Stallan: Client Partner Facebook
- Samantha Sim: Client Account Manager Twitter
Panel will be moderated by Rekha Rao-Mayya (Women@Microsoft Canada Leader) and Matty Mayakrishnan
Date and Time:
- Today – Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Microsoft Canada Office
- 1950 Meadowvale Blvd, Mississauga, ON L5N 8L9
- Parking is available onsite.
- Interviews will be coordinated onsite. The event is open to the media.
“We are proud that Microsoft Canada chooses Mississauga to innovate, compete and create employment opportunities,” Mayor Crombie said. “I welcome the opportunity to join the Janet Kennedy and corporate leaders from Microsoft Canada to discuss ways we can empower women to make important and lasting contributions in business and in their community, as we all come together to celebrate International Women’s Day 2017,” Mayor Crombie added.