For Immediate Release | Media Advisory
April 12, 2017
Media Advisory: Mayor Crombie to Present Hazel McCallion with Key to the City
As part of Canada’s 150th anniversary, the Museums of Mississauga will present an exhibition honouring former Mayor Hazel McCallion that captures the most captivating moments of her political career.
“I invite you to join me this Wednesday, April 12th, for the opening reception for the Do Your Homework Exhibit, where I will be presenting Hazel McCallion with the Key to the City,” Mayor Crombie said.
The exhibition explores the life and legacy of Hazel McCallion and showcases her contributions as a compassionate leader, sports enthusiast, Canadian icon and legacy maker. Artifacts and archival material from the Museums of Mississauga collection, as well as personal items from Hazel McCallion herself will be on display. The exhibition is open daily and runs from April 12 to April 26.
Following the opening reception, Hazel McCallion will take part in Council in an intimate “In Conversation with Hazel” where she discusses leadership lessons and learnings from building the sixth largest city in Canada.
When: Today- Wednesday April 12, 2017
Where: Mississauga Civic Centre (City Hall) – 300 City Centre Dr, Mississauga, ON L5B 2G6
- 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Exhibition Viewing (The Great Hall – main level of City Hall)
- 7 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. In Conversation with Hazel (Council Chambers)
- 05 p.m. – Key to the City Presentation (Council Chambers)
- 8:15 p.m. – Event concludes
- Street-level parking is available at City Hall
- Please contact Michael Genova to arrange onsite media interviews. Contact information provided below.
- For more information, please visit the Do Your Homework website